Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy Chinese New Year 2014



Chinese New Year (CNY) is coming...this year it falls on the 31st January 2014.  I really miss the cookies, the food, the family gatherings and even the on-going CNY songs which drives me nuts sometimes....haha!!! So..each year without fail, I will make sure I will bake some cookies to remind myself, my hubby and also my 2 kids how CNY is celebrated...feels like....I want my kids to experience it and I want to build it into their lives.  After all...we are Asians and are proud of being Asians.

So...here's some of the CNY cookies which I have baked / made:


Almond London Cookies (my version)
No idea where this cookies comes from...but I am sure its not from London.  This is a must have in my family during CNY.


Kueh Bangkit (Tapioca Cookies)
From what I know, Kueh Bangkit was an alter offerings for our ancestors long long time ago and its shaped as money/currency so that our ancestors will have money to spend in their next life.  Now, its one of the "must have" during CNY.


Kueh Dahlia (Daisy Cookies)
This is another "must have" during CNY.  The Kueh Dahlia is similar to a  butter cookie but the magic is that once you pop it into your mouth, it melts...delicious!



Pineapple Tarts
This is also call the "Ong Lai!"cookies (Welcome Wealth in Chinese Hokkien) and this is another "must have" during CNY.  Since I do not have a pineapple tart mould, I had to make everything by hand and used a cookie cutter.



Ribbon Biscuits
Lastly...this is another "must have" in my family during CNY.  Some of my hubby's friends just love to eat this while drinking beer...haha


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment